A colorful and healthy chicken wrap that is as pretty as it is delicious!
Makes 8 to 10 Wraps
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 stalk of celery including leaves, chopped
- 8 ounces of canned water chestnuts (drained and chopped)
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of teriyaki or soy sauce
- 1 cup of pitted Dark Sweet Cherries (chopped)
- 5 pitted Dark Sweet Cherries (halved for garnish)
- 10 Butter lettuce leaves (washed and dried)
In a large mixing bowl gently mix all the ingredients except the lettuce leaves and the 5 pitted cherry halves. Divide the chicken salad between 10 lettuce leaves and top with a half of a dark sweet cherry and a sprig of parsley or mint.
Serve lettuce wraps immediately, or chill covered chicken salad until ready to fill lettuce leaves.