Apple Cabbage SautéCourse: Side DishDifficulty: Easy
½ of a yellow onion chopped
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
½ teaspoon of garlic salt
2 Honeycrisp Apples (unpeeled, cored and diced)
½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of Allspice
½ head of a large green cabbage shredded or 1 small head shredded
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil and heat until sizzling. Cook the onions in the olive oil until tender.
- Next, add the diced apples and continue to cook until apples are tender, but still firm (about 4 minutes).
- Add cinnamon, Allspice and garlic salt to apples. Then, place the shredded cabbage in the pan and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook over medium high heat until cabbage is tender but still green (this will only take a few minutes).
- Serve this delicious apple side dish with your favorite pork roast or ham dinner!