- ½ of a yellow onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of garlic salt
- 2 Honeycrisp Apples (unpeeled, cored and diced)
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of Allspice
- ½ head of a large green cabbage shredded or 1 small head shredded
In a large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil and heat until sizzling. Cook the onions in the olive oil until tender. Next, add the diced apples and continue to cook until apples are tender, but still firm (about 4 minutes). Add cinnamon, Allspice and garlic salt to apples. Then, place the shredded cabbage in the pan and stir to combine. Continue to cook over medium high heat until cabbage is tender but still green (this will only take a few minutes).
Serve this delicious apple side dish with your favorite pork roast or ham dinner!