Sage Fruit Company, LLC:
Sage Fruit is seeking a Business Analyst.
The Business Analyst is a key member of the Sage team. The primary purpose of this position is to help the Director of Sales and the Production Manager effectively execute their responsibilities by delivering timely and relevant information related to demand, projected packouts, and the overall packing plan.
Major Responsibilities and Duties of the Business Analyst
- Develop demand forecasts for multiple time horizons for all products taken by our top 10 customers.
- Utilize historical sales data, category management data, and current crop data to develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to understand demand forecast drivers and to ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Coordinate cross-functional research to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Complete forecasts on market pricing to inform the Director of Sales and help Sage create value by exceeding the State average pricing on all varieties. This would include pricing, movement plan, and inventory levels.
- Identify business requirements and create reports/dashboards for the Director of Sales using Tableau and/or Excel.
- Complete ad-hoc assignments as needed.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will possess the following traits and skills:
- A high degree of professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and other commonly used programs
- A high capacity for organization and attention to detail
- Effective project management skills
- Experience with demand forecasting preferred
- Proven analytical capability
- Proficiency with Excel, including pivot tables
- Familiarity with other data analysis tools such as Tableau, R, Power BI, Etc.
- A college degree is preferred
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources and identify critical intelligence and data interpretations
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to complete projects in a stop and go environment—able to handle interruptions
- A can-do attitude—willing to take on any project
- A demonstrated ability to see what needs to be done and take the initiative
- History of exceptional judgment and doing what’s right in every situation. He/she must be fair and honest in dealing with employees, suppliers, and customers upholding the Mission, Vision, and Values of Sage
- Self-motivated with integrity and character required
Legacy Fruit Packers, LLC:
Legacy Fruit Packers is currently hiring a Safety Manager.
• Ensure all departments in the warehouse/orchards comply to various food safety standards; SQF, Global GAP, USDA GHP, FDA Preventative Controls, Produce Safety Rule, etc.
• Validate and verify food safety risk assessments and documents
• Manage updates for risk assessments, policies and procedures
• Perform monthly food safety inspections and document nonconformances
• Perform monthly security inspection of the warehouse/orchards and document nonconformances
• Perform quarterly security threat assessment of the warehouse/orchards and document nonconformances
• Manage the monthly safety training matrix to keep current and relevant
• Perform ad-hoc projects for the Director Safety
• Update the Executive Team monthly regarding safety results and trends.
• Assist in gathering and preparing safety and training information into a usable and logical format for presentation to the safety committee, Human Resource department and the Leadership Team
• Attend meetings with the Director of Shipping and Safety to discuss goals for the week and review the calendar in order to be able to assist with preparation for upcoming events/meetings
• Attend meetings as requested, record minutes, type them, and send them to all those involved
• Become an active member in the safety committee
• Create positive relationships with the management teams, safety committee, supervisors, and hourly staff
• Attend various training opportunities as they relate to Food Safety/People Safety
• May be required to travel to various orchards and warehouses from time to time
• Weekly One-to-Ones with subordinates and Director
• Daily Stand ups with subordinates and Director.
• Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
• Bachelors in related field required
• Prefer at least 2-3 years prior work experience in the food industry as a Safety Manager
Certificates & Licenses:
• Global Gap Training and Basics of SQF Systems certified
• Basic HACCP certified
More information about the job can be found here.
Interested in this position, please turn your resume in at 12 Hoffer Rd., Wapato, WA OR submit it here. You can also email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include which position you are applying for in the subject line.
Valicoff Fruit is currently hiring for a Sizer Operator.
JOB SUMMARY: The Sizer Operator oversees running the Greefa Sizer in a manner which maximizes production efficiency and grade standards. Primary duties involve programming the Greefa software to dictate line layout, defect allowances and balance overall packing line flow. The Sizer Operator will work closely with the packing leads and quality control personnel. While working with the packing leads, they will spread drops and maintain a consistent flow to optimize bin throughput while meeting the demands of packing instruction requirements. Interactions with quality control personnel will involve adjustments to defects, color and weights to maintain Sage grade standards. Majority of the work will require the use of computer software so an essential knowledge of computers will be necessary. Solid communication skills are required for working with management, employees and the Sage production coordinators.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain Sage packing standards
- Understanding of Greefa Sizer software
- Understanding how to operate packing line equipment
- Understanding apple packing instructions
- Microsoft Excel for outlining production drop layouts
- Proactive approach to setting up packing line for production runs
- Maintaining constructive communication with managers, leads and employees
- Continuous Improvement
- Creating a culture of fairness & positivity
- Maintaining and enforcing SQF standards and processes
- Willingness to step up and assist the team in any way required
For more information about the job, please click here.