Apple MuffinsCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Medium
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 medium Sage Fruit apples (peeled, cored & chopped)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin (or line with paper muffin liners).
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Then add oil, egg, milk and vanilla. Stir just until combined, then fold in apples.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix dry topping ingredients. Be sure the butter is at room temperature and cut into the dry ingredients. Blend together with a pastry cutter or fork; consistency should be crumbly.
- Sprinkle over unbaked muffins.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.