Apple Quinoa Lettuce WrapsCourse: Side, MainDifficulty: Easy
Serve as an appetizer or main course.
1 head of Romaine or Butter lettuce
1 large apple – thinly sliced
½ C uncooked quinoa
½ C sliced almonds
1 medium avocado – diced
¼ C crumbled feta OR goat cheese
½C lemon juice
2/3C extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Rinse & drain quinoa, then add it to the boiling water. Reduce heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes (until water is absorbed). Transfer quinoa to a bowl to cool.
- While the quinoa cools, make the dressing and wash the lettuce. Pour all dressing ingredients into a small jar, then shake until well combined. Separate lettuce leaves and rinse.
- Once quinoa is cool, combine all remaining ingredients in a salad bowl. Toss with dressing.
- Fill lettuce leaves with salad mixture and serve.
- *for additional protein, add grilled chicken