This healthy breakfast sausage is light and full of flavor!
Makes 16 Sausage Patties
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 Sage Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored and chopped into small pieces
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of ground Allspice
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-pound ground turkey meat
- 3 Tablespoons of maple syrup
- ¼ cup of dry oatmeal
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large sauté pan, over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Once the olive oil is hot, add chopped apples and garlic and cook until apples are tender (about 4 minutes). Set the apples aside and let them cool.
Next, in a large mixing bowl, add all of the remaining ingredients and mix well with your hands. Combine apple and garlic mixtures together and mix until apples are well combined into meat mixture.
Divide meat mixture into 16 little balls and flatten to make patties. Spray large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat pan over medium high heat. Cook sausage patties in batches until meat is no longer pink.
Serve cooked Turkey Apple Sausage patties with extra maple syrup and your favorite egg dish!