Easy Crockpot Apple SauceCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
It doesn’t get much easier, or more delicious than this – Apple sauce for everyone!. Use a number of different types of apples for a variation on flavor.
8 medium-to-large Sage Fruit apples OR 12 small apples
Use any combination of varieties – Fuji, Gala, Golden Delicious, Granny, Pink Lady
¼ cup of honey
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Juice of ½ a lemon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Core the apples and cut into chunks. You can leave the peels on or remove them if you prefer.
- Place apples in your crockpot and add the remaining ingredients
- Cover the crock pot and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours – until the apples completely break down.
- Stir occasionally while cooking.
- Use an immersion blender to blend sauce until smooth – OR a hand masher/whisk if you would like a thicker sauce.
- Add additional honey if you think it needs to be slightly sweetened.
- Let cool and enjoy!