Washington Apple CrispCourse: DessertDifficulty: Medium
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss sugar, flour and cinnamon with sliced apples.
- Place apples in prepared (spray with cooking spray) Pyrex casserole baking dish.
- Dot apples with ¼ cup of butter (chopped).
- Prepare Topping
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together; rolled oats, ½ cup flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in ½ cup of butter (one cube) until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over apples.
- Bake apple crisp uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until apples are tender when pierced with sharp knife.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.