Fresh Chocolate Covered CherriesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Try dipping a variety of cherries, for a beautiful presentation at your next event!
Makes 1lb of chocolate covered cherries.
1lb of assorted fresh cherries (Dark Sweet Cherries and Rainier Cherries)
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking bar
- Rinse and dry cherries first.
- Next, break chocolate baking bars into pieces and place in a microwavable glass bowl.
- Cover bowl with paper towel and microwave on high for one minute. If chocolate is still very firm, microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir chocolate with spoon until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip cherries into melted chocolate by holding onto cherry stem.
- Place dipped cherries on cookie sheet covered with waxed paper. Let sit at room temperature until chocolate hardens. ***You may also refrigerate dipped cherries on tray until chocolate hardens.
- Do not add water to the chocolate when melting, this will cause chocolate to harden and or get very grainy.
- Cherries should be consumed within a day and stored in the refrigerator.