Pickled CherriesDifficulty: Medium
2-2.25lbs Dark Sweet Cherries
2C Apple Cider Vinegar
2Tbsp Pickling Salt
1C Light Brown Sugar
2tsp Black Peppercorns
2 Strips of Orange Zest
2 Cinnamon Sticks
1 Bay Leaf
6 Cloves Garlic
1.5Tbsp Mustard Seeds
- Stem & pit cherries.
- Fill your 1/2 pint jars with pitted cherries.
- In a large sauce pan, combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the hot liquid over the cherries. (I added 1 clove of the garlic to each jar.)
- Let cool. Refrigerate.
- They should last for about a month – if you want to do a bigger batch, or store longer, you’ll likely want to seal the jars using a hot canning method.