Herbs like basil and mint enhance the fresh taste of cherries in this summer salad. Add a pinch of chili flakes for an extra kick of flavor that Thai food is known for.
- 2 cups fresh, Sage Fruit dark sweet cherries (pitted and halved)
- 1 bunch of green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- ½ cup of fresh mint leaves (chopped)
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 -10.6oz bag of Asian Chopped Salad
- ½ cup of prepared Sesame Ginger Dressing
- The juice from ½ lemon
- Optional – ½ cup fried wontons and sliced almonds – (These items will come with the packaged Asian Chopped Salad bag)
- A pinch of dried red pepper flakes
In a medium size salad bowl toss all ingredients together (best to toss the cherries last as to not have the cherry juice color the salad). You may choose to use the packaged dressing that comes with the Asian Salad bag and add more bottled Sesame Ginger dressing to your liking. Garnish with the optional wontons and almonds.
Make it a main course meal by adding strips of cooked chicken, beef or pork to the top of the salad!