Pear & Pomegranate Salad Course: SaladsDifficulty: Easy
w/ Honey Balsamic Dressing
8oz Mixed Baby Greens
2 ripe, Sage Fruit pears – sliced
1 Small Cucumber – peeled and chopped
1/4 Red Onion
1/3 cup Pomegranate Arils
1/4-1/2 cup Walnut halves
1/2 cup Blue OR Goat Cheese
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1 Clove Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp Honey
Salt & Pepper to Taste
- In a large bowl, make a bed of baby greens.
- Layer in the remaining ingredients – sliced pears, then cucumber, red onion, pomegranate arils, walnut and sprinkle with cheese.
- Finish the salad by drizzling or tossing in the honey balsamic vinaigrette. (See below.)
- Serve fresh.
- In a small bowl, mason jar or dressing shaker, combine balsamic vinegar, honey, minced garlic, salt & pepper.
- Then, whisk (or shake) in the olive oil until well blended. You can refrigerate any extra dressing in an airtight container.