Pear Ricotta Pancakes with Cinnamon Maple SyrupCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Medium
These pancakes are perfect to serve for any breakfast or brunch. The Ricotta cheese makes them light and flavorful, and goes so well with the pears!
1 Cup All Purpose flour
1 ¼ tsp Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Wet Ingredients:
2 Bosc Pears (peeled, cored and diced)
1 ¼ Cup Ricotta Cheese
4 teaspoons sugar
¾ cup milk
Juice from 1 lemon
- Place diced pears in a microwavable container with lid. Microwave pears for 2 minutes or until tender. Remove lid and let cool.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and set aside. Combine wet side ingredients (not pears) in bowl of electric mixer. With mixing spoon, stir in ½ of the pears (save other half for pancake garnish) and dry ingredients, being careful not to over mix.
- Heat non-stick skillet to about 350 degrees on top of stove. Ladle batter onto hot skillet. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on top, then flip and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Plate warm pancakes and top each stack with a spoonful of remaining microwaved diced pears and chopped pecans (optional).
- Serve with warm Cinnamon Maple Syrup.
- Mix together: ¾ cup maple syrup and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Warm in microwave for just a few seconds and serve with pancakes.