Grilled Skirt Steak with Cherry Chimichurri SauceCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Medium
3 lbs. of flank steak
Teriyaki sauce for marinade
- Cherry Chimichurri Sauce Ingredients:
1-cup sweet dark cherries (pitted and chopped)
1 bunch of cilantro (chopped), reserve sprigs for garnish.
1 bunch of Italian Parsley (chopped)
¼ cup of chopped red onion
4 cloves garlic
1 cup of olive oil
2 Tbs. sherry vinegar
1 Tbs. lemon juice
Salt to taste
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Marinate flank steak in teriyaki sauce overnight (in refrigerator).
- In a blender or food processor, add all the other ingredients except cherries and pulse on high until the sauce is well combined.
- Remove half of the green chimichurri sauce. Add cherries to the remaining sauce in the food processor. Pulse until well combined, and small pieces of cherries are left in sauce.
- Store both green and red chimichurri sauces in refrigerator overnight to allow flavors in sauces to infuse.
- The next day, grill steak over medium high heat. Meat should cook on outdoor grill in 20 minutes. Remove meat when desired rareness is reached. Wrap streak in foil and let meat rest 10 minutes before slicing
- To serve, place green sauce under carved meat and top steak with sweet cherry chimichurri sauce.
- Leftover chimichurri sauces freeze well!