Serves: 6, with extra ice cream to enjoy later
Honey Grilled Peaches with Cherry Mint Ice Cream
Ice cream ingredients
1 cup of Sage Fruit dark sweet cherries (pitted and finely chopped)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon mint extract
2 cups of half
½ teaspoon almond extract
2 cups of whipping cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
6 fresh mint sprigs
- Grilled Peach Ingredients:
3 peaches halved and pitted
¼ cup honey
- Mix all ice cream ingredients together (except cherries), in a large bowl and pour into tabletop ice cream maker.
- Churn for 30 minutes or until ice cream is very stiff.
- Fold cherries into firm ice cream.
- Spoon ice cream into covered freezer container and place in freezer until ready to scoop into peach halves.
- Grilled Peach Instructions:
- Spray peach halves with cooking spray. On hot indoor or outdoor grill place peach halves onto grill and brush with honey.
- Grill fruit until peaches are tender and have grill marks.
- Remove peaches from grill and let them cool.
- Serve scoops of ice cream in cooled peach halves or garnish ice cream scoops with grilled peach slices.
- Garnish dessert with fresh mint sprigs.