The Produce Challenge for today is a D’Anjou pear. Luckily, this is something we know a little bit about, so it wasn’t too difficult to find a recipe!
Pear Noodle Yogurt Parfait – From Inspiralized
Cook Time: 5 mins
- 3/4 cup diced fruit (bananas, blueberries or strawberries)
- Greek yogurt – vanilla, blueberry, strawberry
- 1 cup favorite granola
- 2 medium pears (bosc or anjou)
- Divide your diced fruit at the bottom of three mason jars.
- Top fruit with one container of Greek yogurt per mason jar.
- greek yogurt with 1/3 cup of granola per mason jar.
- Top granola with pear noodles in each mason jar.
Prep Time: 5 minutes…..or less!
For this, we took the fresh and easy approach – no cooking required!
The best part about a parfait is that you can really use whatever fruit you want. I happened to use strawberries, but if you didn’t want to do any cutting, go with blueberries or raspberries – there is NO bad combination for a breakfast parfait. As far as the granola goes, I used what I had leftover from earlier in the week and yes, it was still amazing!
When purchasing your D’Anjou pears, be sure to Check the Neck – apply just a little pressure with your thumb at the top of the neck of the pear; if it gives a little, it is ripe and ready to eat!